DAY 1: CUSCO – MOLLEPATA – SORAYPAMPA (L)(D)
From Cusco very early in the morning at 5.00am.we will go by bus to MOLLEPATA (this the beginning of the trek) it takes around 3 hours, when we get here we have our first breakfast and arrange our horses, afterwards we walk up for around 3 more hours to CRUZ PATA Where we have lunch, after the lunch we will have one hour to take a rest then , we start walking to SORAYPAMPA (3.850 M.A.S.L) in this part of the trail, we are going to see in front of us, the first HUMANTAY snowcapped mountain, After we will get to see in front first campsite at 5:30 pm where our porters will be waiting with some hot tea. And later we are going to eat our dinner (the first campsite is the coldest).
DAY 2: SORAYPAMPA – CHAULLAY (B)(L)(D)
After having a good breakfast and leaving at 6:30am. Here we have to climb up for four hours to the first pass of SALKANTAY mountain which is over 4.540 m.a.s.l. here on the top of this Salkantay mountain (highest point). We stop for around 15 minutes to take group pictures, because from here, we will have great views of range of the mountains and we will find some heaps of stones (Apachetas) around this pass, After this, We are going dawn for 4 hours through a nice trail to Chaullay, which is over lower than first campsite 2.900 m.a.s.l where we have our tea time and dinner.
DAY 3: CHAULLAY – LA PLAYA (SAWAYACU) – SANTA TERESA (B) (L) (D)
We leave from Chaullay early as well after our breakfast at 7.00 am we will pass through COLLCAPAMPA, In this part of the trek we will walk on a narrow trail on the mountainside, crossing some species of orchids and different kinds of plants, and some cornfields, fruit fields and we have opportunity to see the most beautiful waterfall on the trail, after walking for 5 hours finally we will get to LA PLAYA place, which take a small truck to go SANTA TERESA town is over 1.645m.s.a.l it is going to be just 45 minutes by truck and we will get to SANTA TERESA around 3:00 pm to set up our tents here We can go to the medicinal hot springs waters which is only 45 minutes from Santa Teresa town.
DAY 4: SANTA TERESA – HIDROELECTRICA – AGUAS CALIENTES (B) (L)
We get up at 7.00 in the morning and after breakfast we start walking for around 2 hours to get the Urubamba river where we cross the river by a cable. After this spectacular experience we keep going for 2 more hours to a hydroelectric power station which is also a small village, we get here our lunch and after that we walk the last part by the rail way 03 hours approximately, to Aguas Calientes town, where we spend the night.
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO (B)
Early walk (approximately 1.30 hours uphill from Aquas Calientes) or bus for 25 minutes to the Citadel of Machupicchu, guided tour for 2.5 hours and plenty of free time for further exploring, photos and optional climb of the mountain Huayna Picchu, Temple of the Moon, or the Gate of the Sun. Generally around 3-4pm people walk down the steps back to Aguas Calientes get your lunch and finally we take our return train to Ollantaytambo with bus connection to Cusco.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Pick up from your hotel at 05:45 am
- Vehicle to Mollepata-Cruzpata (starting of the trek)
- 2 People Igloo tents (large and comfortable) and mattress
- English speaking professional guide experienced in mountains
- 6 kilos of your personal items extra clothes, sleeping bag to be carried by mules so you just need to carry your daypack with everything you will need during the day. Full board meals 4 Breakfast, 4 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- First-aid kit.
- Horses/donkeys to carry tents, food, cooking equipment.
- Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollanta and bus transport to Cusco
- Admission Ticket to Machu Picchu Archaeological Complex
- Guided tour in Machu Picchu.
- One night in Aguas Calientes chosen category.
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs
- Chef and cooking equipment and kitchen tent:
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED:
- First breakfast and last lunch.
- Waynapicchu montain (USD 10.00).
- Sleeping bag, If you do not have it, it can be hired at our travel company.
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Drinks, bottle water
- The bus up and down from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes US$ 24.